ACCLERGEN ENERGY CAREERS
Sr. Analyst, Modeling & Finance
Growing renewable energy company headquartered in Austin, Texas with remote offices seeks a proven and motivated leader with experience leading the revenue and financial modeling of utility-scale renewable energy generation and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects. Accelergen is building a development pipeline of utility scale solar + storage and stand-alone storage projects in key markets across the U.S. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual to significantly contribute to Accelergen’s growth and participate in its shareholder program.
The Finance department is responsible for revenue and project finance modeling supporting our greenfield development through to project notice to proceed, helping drive project optimization, risk/benefit assessment and revenue origination. The position requires experience with building and running complex financial models, sourcing, and maintaining key model inputs, project financing, a deep understanding of energy markets and revenue structures, energy, and tax policy/regulations relevant to utility scale renewable energy and storage assets in the U.S.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the skills and experience to succeed in leading the revenue and financial modeling for multiple projects and supporting the company’s business development and project finance efforts in a fast-paced and dynamic environment including:
- 3-5 years of experience managing financial valuation models in support of renewable energy development and/or M&A.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Science, Engineering, Finance, Data Analytics, Data Science, Business Analytics, or similar.
- Ability to model debt financing, tax equity financing and other applicable incentives resulting from the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Great teammate with strong initiative to identify and execute tasks in an autonomous work environment.
- Self-starter with critical thinking skills and proven ability to solve complex problems
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for the renewable energy industry
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Adept at leveraging financial modeling skills as an integral team member to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to assemble data into formats that are efficiently analyzed and evaluated.
- Track record of ability to instill confidence as a credible, reliable, and expert resource for team members.
- Strong proficiency to express oneself clearly in conversation, business writing, and presentations.
- Exceptional organizational, decision making/problem solving, analytical, relationship and time management skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will manage all project-related economic and financial modeling by collaborating with internal and external cross-functional experts. Specific duties will include:
- Lead creation of project level revenue and financial models to analyze the economic potential and risks of battery energy storage systems (BESS) and hybrid-solar assets under development.
- Develop, update and document project model assumptions and functionality through multi-discipline collaboration including with developer, engineering, origination, construction, grid and commercial analysis, and accounting professionals.
- Run model sensitivities and communicate key assumptions driving pricing/returns to company board and investors.
- Work closely with project developers, commercial and grid analytics team to ensure economic models properly account for key unknowns.
- Work closely with developers and engineers from an economic perspective to optimize project design and offtake structures.
- Engage advisors, trade groups, finance professionals and regulatory counsel to improve project models and inform development strategy.
- Ensure proper alignment of assumptions across projects.
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and future potential financing partners.
- Mentor others in the company to further their understanding of project economics.
- Base Salary + Annual Bonus commensurate with experience; competitive
- This position is eligible to participate in Accelergen’s Shareholder Program
- Comprehensive benefits package including market competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Paid Time Off (PTO), 401k, and parental leave.